The Education Assistant assists the Education Department with the evening and weekend operations of the Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center which includes recruitment, registration and dismissal of students who participate in Broward Center's extensive educational programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the reception desk for the Rose Miniaci Arts Education Center for evening and weekend classes, camps, intensives and special programs at the Education Center, managing check in for students upon arrival for class and check out of students upon dismissal.
• Answer questions regarding the class catalog, class schedule and all educational activities.
• Communicate clearly to students, parents and teachers about classes, policies and procedures.
• Assist with maintaining and printing rosters for classes for teachers and for registration desk.
• Provide information via phone, email and walk up customers regarding classes and programs.
• Proactively turn interested parties into students through sales and knowledge of class offerings, capturing information from prospective students and parents.
• Answer after-hour calls to the Education Center.
• Able to process new registrations in the ActiveNet system.
• Assist as needed with the orientation process, registration process, parking questions, and any other Education Center procedures and policies.
• Provide guidance to education center volunteers on daily shifts.
• Provide additional administrative support to the Education Center as needed.
• Observe classes and workshops on occasion to gain familiarity with educational offerings.
• Become familiar with all PACA product offerings (shows, catering, rentals, Food and Beverage offerings) in order to answer customer questions.
• Comply with all personnel policies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, required.
• Excellent customer service skills with outgoing demeanor.
• Able to create positive relationships with parents, students, staff and volunteers.
• Able to create and maintain databases of numeric data, contact information, etc.
• Able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, in English.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Good organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Familiarity with educational or community center environment and/or registration processes a plus.
• Able to work effectively and positively with others.
• Skilled in Windows based programs and willingness to learn ActiveNet software.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma College Degree preferred or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Two or more years relevant administrative and/or customer service experience.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.