Reports to: Foundation & Government Relations Manager
Miami City Ballet is seeking a Grants Writer to join its Development Department. This position requires excellent writing, communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline-oriented environment (a background in ballet or the arts is preferred). Grants Writer will work closely with the Foundation & Government Relations Manager and other Development staff to produce grant and corporate proposals/applications, reports to funders, and prospect research.
- Prepare foundation, government, and corporate proposals to a large portfolio of funders and prospects.
- Work with the Foundation & Government Relations Manager to prepare all grant-related documents, including: proposals, letters of inquiry, grant applications and reports.
- Coordinate grant budgets in collaboration with the Finance department.
- Provide support in conducting institutional research.
- Conduct institutional research, identify new funders and manage relationships.
- Coordinate necessary follow up with institutional donors, including progress and year-end reports.
- Coordinate and accurately maintain the institutional and donor pages in performance program books and on the MCB website.
- Ensure that donor benefits and grantee agreements are appropriately fulfilled.
- Fulfill additional grants-related writing projects: special correspondence with grantors, thank you letters, holiday cards, individual donor proposals, and other development-related correspondence.
- Remain current on research tools and be informed of new developments in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree: Journalism, English or related degree preferred.
- Two years of grants experience in the nonprofit sector preferred (ballet/arts background preferred).
- Must work well under pressure and write to deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, including the ability to juggle a variety of efforts concurrently.
- Knowledge of AP style a plus.
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), donor databases and prospect research tools.
This is a full-time position at the Miami City Ballet offices in Miami Beach, FL, and requires the ability to work occasional special events, with travel in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Please email a resume, cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miami City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.