The Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the Museum of Contemporary
Art North Miami’s fundraising efforts in the areas of membership, annual giving, midlevel
donors, gift processing, donor relations, and stewardship.
• Working with Director of Development, create and execute annual campaigns to
acquire, steward, renew, and upgrade gifts between $1 and $10,000.
• Process and acknowledge all gifts to the museum utilizing the donor
• Coordinate regular renewals, utilizing direct mail, email, and telephone
solicitation. This includes drafting letter copy for different audience segments,
preparing mailing lists and variable data.
• Strategize and lead efforts with marketing department to develop membership
promotions & materials.
• Generate regular reports related to membership and annual giving.
• Create, promote and execute periodic member events, including those related to
exhibitions and signature museum events.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience in a high-energy nonprofit environment or equivalent
• Strong desire to work in a start-up environment
• At least three years of fundraising, membership, and event coordination
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and coordinate standard professional
correspondence and communications pieces
• Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills, with
ability to meet deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; warm and pleasant demeanor
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with people
of all levels and backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain composure under
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve
• Proficiency in DonorPerfect (or similar system)
Physical Job Requirements
While performing this job the employee will be required to sit (75%), stand, walk (25%), and lift
up to 25 pounds. For special events, must be able to remain standing for several hours at a time.
This individual will be required to do close work with a computer monitor and repetitive hand
Normal working hours will sometimes include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing and
able to participate in work events that occur during these times.
This positions reports to the Development Director and, ultimately, to the Executive Director.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of
essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This
description is subject to change at any time.
The Museum of Contemporary Art considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to
race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual
orientation, or any other protected factor.
Applicants: Please email a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com with
subject DEVELOPMENT MANAGER. No phone calls please.
Salary starts at $40,000