The Arts & Business Council of Miami is seeking a Director of Programs & Events. We are leading the movement to build a sustainable cultural ecosystem through advancing high-impact partnerships between business, entrepreneurs and the arts. As Miami’s only organization that leverages the arts for economic vitality, ABC provides meaningful engagement opportunities with the arts to inspire employees, stimulate innovation and foster creativity. For over 30 years, ABC has played a leading role developing programs that bring together business and arts for effective and mutually beneficial outcomes. We assist over 500 arts groups through executive consultancies, leadership training, audience development, workshops, forums, curated outreach and networking events.
We are searching for an experienced and dynamic director with exceptional coordination skills and ability to multi-task. The Director of Programs & Events will be responsible for coordinating all operational facets of the Arts & Business Council’s signature programs and events. This position requires a person who is self-motivated, detail oriented, highly organized and dedicated to empowering the creative ecosystem.
PAY RANGE AND BENEFITS
The salary range for the Director of Programs and Events is $45,000 to $50,000 commensurate with experience, plus a benefits package that includes paid health insurance, parking and vacation. This is a full time position with some flexibility in work hours. To apply email a cover letter and resume to Laura@ArtsBizMiami.org. Please put Job Opening on the subject line. No phone calls please.
- Oversee and fully manage our signature programs including Miami Arts Marketing Project, Arts Board Match and Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts/Patent Pro Bono.
- Coordinate and implement Breakfast with the Arts events and Creative Happy Hours including promotion, registration and logistics.
- Outreach to corporate community to cultivate business prospects, maintain relationships to develop task forces and steering committees for programs and events.
- Design promotional plan for programs and events via social media, email campaigns and marketing platforms. Keep programs and events pages on the website up to date.
- Assist with sponsorship for events and programs.
- Connect regularly with artists and arts clients and our business partners to assess effectiveness of programs and events.
- Set program and event goals and assess regularly. Provide annual tracking and analysis of success.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in programs and events management for a nonprofit or business with proven ability to develop and manage multi-level programs.
- Organized and detail-oriented with the skills required to handle all the tasks associated with planning, organizing, and implementing events.
- Marketing and outreach skills to promote programs, create business opportunities, share information and seek potential partners for the organization.
- Collaborative mindset and proven ability to work with a variety of people and environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Expertise to communicate effectively with community leaders, sponsors, volunteers, and other team members.
- Big picture thinker that can design events and programs to impact our core constituents and stakeholders. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with artists, business professionals, partners and other stakeholders.
- Multi-faceted self-starter with a high degree of professional independence, initiative and self-discipline.
- Strategic and creative thinker with innovative vision, and affinity for out-of-the-box thinking.
- Competency in office software applications including Microsoft Office Suite. Comfortable using databases. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (arts administration, nonprofit management or business).
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) and arts administration background are a plus.