Are you a savvy, seasoned arts leader with a passion for promoting artistic excellence, authenticity, inclusion and technological innovation? If so, we want to hear from you!
Knight Foundation is seeking an impact-driven individual who is an excellent strategist to serve as arts program director in our Miami headquarters. In this role, you will travel regularly to our eight resident communities. You will report to and partner with the vice president of arts to shape, drive and communicate Knight’s core programmatic objectives and grant portfolio in those markets.
- Develop local strategies that reflect the community and accelerate the overall program portfolio; identify the best opportunities for investment.
- Drive and manage the process for reviewing, evaluating and tracking grant life cycles.
- Supervise the work of a small team and engender productive relationships.
- Collect and share learnings and continuously improve effectiveness through assessment of strategies, tactics, program design and implementation.
- Partner with the communications department to promote the arts program by contributing to Knight’s website and other platforms.
- Constantly grow your expertise by keeping abreast of major developments in the field.
- Partner with our learning and impact group to understand and learn from the broader context and impact of the arts program.
- Act as knowledgeable spokesperson for Knight’s strategy; represent the foundation at events and conferences.
- Cultivate a diverse network of relationships with grantees, community stakeholders, partners and thought leaders.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Business acumen.
- Highly communicative and collaborative.
- Detail oriented and conscientious.
- Skill and experience in managing the work of others.
- Comfortable with people and working with and through a range of types.
- Resiliency and flexibility.
While not required, fluency in another language is welcome.
Knight Foundation is a national foundation with strong local roots. We invest in journalism, in the arts, and in the success of cities where brothers John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers. Our goal is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas, courage to push for change, and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.knightfoundation.org
Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.