Contact: Amanda Sanfilippo | (305) 375-5436 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:59 PM
Maximum Awards: $7,500 / $15,000
16/17 SFCC FELLOWSHIP DEADLINE & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The deadline for applications is Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:59pm
Applications are now available. Click here to access.
1. On or before Monday October 30, 2017, visual and media artists must submit applications in digital format online through Submittable.com. If applicants have an already existing Submittable account, it is not necessary to create a new one.
2. Visit the direct submission link: http://artinpublicplaces.submittable.com/submit/aed18c41-68ac-481e-99d5-6c0b50d41d49
3. At this link, candidates will find step-by-step instructions on how to register, apply, and prepare images for upload. There is no application fee to apply or to use the Submittable online application system.
ELIGIBILITY & LEGAL AGREEMENT
All emerging, mid-career and established South Florida professional artists (those residing in Broward, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe or Palm Beach Counties) are eligible to apply. Candidates must have resided and worked in one of the participating five counties from October 30, 2016 to October 30, 2017 and must apply from the county of residence.
The Consortium awards the Fellowships contingent on proof of residency, which may include one or more of the following: property tax record; lease agreement; voter’s registration; or an IRS income tax return for 2016.
The Consortium defines a professional artist as a person who has created a recognized body of original works of art within an artistic discipline over a sustained period of time, and who is striving to achieve the highest level of professional recognition.
Individuals are not eligible if they are engaging in artwork as a hobby, if they are an employee of the participating County governments or of the South Florida Cultural Consortium’s member local arts agencies, or if they are a student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Submissions will be judged by the following criteria:
- Degree of artistic excellence
- Evidence of an established and recognized body of work over a sustained period of time
- Consistency in the submitted body of work
- All samples of work submitted for review must have been completed within the last three years prior to the application date. Failure to comply with this condition will result in disqualification.
17/18 SFCC WORKSHOPS: DEMYSTIFYING THE PROCESS
How are recipients selected and how can an applicant improve his/her chances of being noticed? Find out at one of four workshops being offered across the South Florida region.
Attendance at a workshop is encouraged, but not required.
REVISED WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Friday, October 6, 2017
4:00 – 5:30pm
Art & Culture Center/Hollywood
1650 Harrison St., Hollywood, FL
RSVP: Click Here
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Bakehouse Art Complex
561 NW 32nd Street, Miami, FL 33127
RSVP: 305-375-5436 / Click here
Thursday, August 31, 2017
The Arts Council of Martin County
80 E Ocean Boulevard, Stuart, FL 34994
RSVP: 772-287-6676 ext 2 / email@example.com
MONROE - TO BE CONFIRMED
Thursday September 28, 2017
The Studios of Key West
533 Eaton St, Key West FL 33040
RSVP: 305-295-4369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday August 31, 2017
Cultural Council of Palm Beach County
601 Lake Avenue, Lake Worth, FL 33460
RSVP: 561-472-3336 / email@example.com