Media Fluency for Teachers: Engaging Communities With Student-Generated Audio/Video with Dr. Clint Randles
Thursday, March 18, 2021: 4:00 - 7:00 PM via Zoom
Join AKI for an informative, interactive arts-afternoon!
This AKI Workshop is for all of those individuals who would like to learn how student-created media (audio and video) can be collected, mixed, and curated for livestream sharing.
Participants will learn how to:
- use a digital audio workstation (DAW) with GarageBand (on an iPad and/or computer) to create music
- collect audio and video from students
- mix and master student media
- prepare work for public viewing
- livestream performances of work on YouTube
This session is for everyone who would like to know how to get started with this wide array of media fluency skills.
Workshop participants will have a chance to win a $50, $75 or $100 Amazon gift card!
Space is limited - you must be present to win!
MDCPS TEACHERS: You must register for the workshop through the MDCPS - Professional Development Management System (PDMS) to earn CEU credit. If you have already registered through PDMS you do not need to re-register.
In order to participate, workshop attendees must have access to Zoom, as well as one of the following:
- Good: a computer or tablet or phone with audio recording software and video-editing software.
- Better: a computer or tablet with Apple’s GarageBand and iMovie.
- Best: a computer with Apple’s Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro.
AKI professional development trainings provide a hands-on approach to learning about inclusive strategies and adaptive techniques for including every learner, together with the knowledge of universal design. Educators gain a sense of excitement and renewed energy, as well as practical skills on how to use the arts to inspire learning and include students with disabilities in a variety classroom and community settings.
Who should attend:
- Teaching Artists
- Youth Arts Program Administrators
AKI professional development workshops provide knowledge of:
- People First Language
- Disability Awareness
- Universal Design for Learning
- Adaptive Techniques
- Inclusion Strategies
- Behavioral Strategies
- Interactive Case Scenarios
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
To RSVP to attend this workshop, compelete the form below.