WHO: Children and youth with and without disabilities, ages 6-17*
*youth with disabilities welcome up to age 22
WHAT: Have fun, make friends, make art, get creative!
- (CLOSED / CLASS FULL) COMPUTER ANIMATION (BEGINNER/INTERMEDIATE): VIA ZOOM
- CREATIVE ARTS & MOVEMENT (NORTH): Sandrell Rivers Theater, 6103 NW 7 AVE, Miami, FL 33127
- CREATIVE ARTS & MOVEMENT (CENTRAL): The Women’s Park, 10251 W Flagler ST, Miami, FL 33172
- (CLOSED / CLASS FULL) VISUAL ARTS (SOUTH): Camp Matecumbe, 13841 SW 120 ST, Miami, FL 33186
- Orientation: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Saturday, September 11, 2021 (via Zoom)
- Classes: 9:30–11:30 AM, Saturdays: September 18 – December 11, 2021
- Culminating Events: Saturday, December 18, 2021 (times TBD)
On time arrival, consistent attendance and participation are highly valued in this program!
About: Youth Arts in the Parks FALL 2021 is presented by the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs All Kids Included Initiative in partnership with Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Therapeutic, Recreation & Inclusion, and Arts for Learning/Miami. Youth Arts in the Parks is an inclusive, socially-oriented arts program for children and youth with and without disabilities. This fun and educational program teaches kids of all abilities visual arts, creative movement, music and expression, or computer animation in a supportive, social setting. Classes are led by professional artists/art teachers, certified instructors and disability experts.
SPACE IS LIMITED! Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Submitting a registration form does not guarantee a spot in the program. Class size is limited to ensure COVID-19 safety protocols.
FOR COMPUTER ANIMATION CLASSES, STUDENTS WILL NEED:
- Access to a computer* with a good Wi-Fi connection
- Web camera
- Audio headsets
- Paper & pencil
* A lending program is available on a limited basis for those students needing to borrow a laptop for the Computer Animation class.
Only registration forms that are fully completed and submitted with payment in full will be accepted for enrollment. Program fees are non-refundable.
Program fees (non-refundable): $30 Miami-Dade Residents | $300 Non-Residents *
* Includes 12 weekly sessions, AKI t-shirt, and culminating event: a combined value of over $400!
Payment must be made in full via PayPal in order to secure the student's registration in the program.
To Register: You must complete the registration form and submit payment in full to Arts for Learning via PayPal for each student participating in the program. Registration confirmations with payment instructions and a PayPal invoice will be sent out by email from Arts for Learning within approximately two weeks of submitting registration forms, in the order in which they were received.
For more information, please contact: Dia Carter Webb at Arts for Learning (305) 576-1212 Ext. 24 | Dia@a4lmiami.org.
Para obtener ayuda en español, comuníquese con Ivette Dominguez.