WHO: Children and youth with and without disabilities, ages 6-17*
*youth with disabilities welcome up to age 22
WHAT: Have fun, make friends, make art, get creative!
- COMPUTER ANIMATION: Sandrell Rivers Theater, 6103 NW 7 AVE, Miami, FL 33127
- CREATIVE MOVEMENT & EXPRESSION: Miller Drive Park, 5510 SW 94 CT, Miami, FL 33165
- VISUAL ARTS: Camp Matecumbe, 13841 SW 120 ST, Miami, FL 33186
- THEATER-IMPROVISATION: Highland Oaks Park, 20300 NE 24 AVE, Miami, FL 33180
- Orientation: 10 am, Saturday, January 19, 2019 (at each program location)
- Classes: 9–11 am, Saturdays: January 26 – April 20, 2019
- Culminating Event: Exhibit/Performance/Reception: Saturday, April 27, 2019 (location TBD)
On time arrival, consistent attendance and participation are highly valued in this program!
Students with perfect attendance will receive special recognition and exciting prizes!
About: Youth Arts in the Parks is presented by the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs All Kids Included Initiative in partnership with Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Disability Services and Arts for Learning/Miami. Youth Arts in the Parks is an inclusive, socially-oriented arts program for children and youth with and without disabilities. This fun and educational program teaches kids of all abilities visual arts, theater-improvisation, creative movement and expression, or computer animation in a supportive, social setting. Classes are led by professional artists/art teachers, certified instructors and disability experts. No prior experience is required. Participating students must be residents of Miami-Dade County.
Space is Limited! Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Submitting a registration form does not guarantee a spot in the program.
Only registration forms that are fully completed and submitted with payment in full will be accepted for enrollment. Program fees are non-refundable.
Program fees (non-refundable): First child - $40 | Siblings - $20 *
* Includes 12 weekly sessions, AKI t-shirt, field trip and culminating event: a combined value of over $400!
* Scholarships available to students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
All registration forms must be received by Friday, January 11, 2019.
Payment must be made in full via PayPal in order to secure your child's registration in the program.
To Register: You must complete the registration form below by the deadline date and submit payment in full via PayPal for each student participating in the program. Registration confirmations with payment instructions and a PayPal invoice will be sent out by email from Arts for Learning within approximately two weeks of submitting registration forms, in the order in which they were received.
For more information, please contact: Yazminda Acosta at Arts for Learning (305) 576-1212 | Yazminda@a4lmiami.org.