WHO: Children and youth with and without disabilities, ages 6-17*
*youth with disabilities welcome up to age 22
WHAT: Have fun, make friends, make art, get creative!
- Animation - Beginner (NORTH): Sandrell Rivers Theater, 6103 NW 7 AVE, Miami, FL 33127
- Animation - Beginner (SOUTH): West Kendall Regional Library, 10201 Hammocks BLVD, Miami, FL 33196
- Animation - Intermediate/Advance (VIRTUAL): via Zoom
- Creative Arts & Movement (CENTRAL): The Women’s Park, 10251 W Flagler ST, Miami, FL 33172
- Visual Arts (NORTH): Oak Grove Park, 690 NE 159 ST, Miami, FL 33162 (TBC)
- Visual Arts (SOUTH): Camp Matecumbe, 13841 SW 120 ST, Miami, FL 33186
- Orientation: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Classes: 9:30–11:30 AM, Saturdays: September 17 – December 10, 2022
- Culminating Events: Saturday, December 17, 2022 (times TBD)
On time arrival, consistent attendance and participation are highly valued in this program!
About: Youth Arts in the Parks is an inclusive, socially-oriented arts program for children and youth with and without disabilities. This fun and educational program teaches kids of all abilities visual arts, creative arts & movement, or computer animation in a supportive, social setting. Classes are led by professional artists/art teachers, certified instructors and disability experts. Youth Arts in the Parks FALL 2022 is presented by the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs All Kids Included Initiative in partnership with Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Therapeutic, Recreation & Inclusion, Miami-Dade County Public Library System, the Sandrell Rivers Theater, and Arts for Learning/Miami, with support from The Children's Trust.
SPACE IS LIMITED! Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Submitting a registration form does not guarantee a spot in the program. Class size is limited and varies per location.
FOR THE VIRTUAL ANIMATION CLASS, STUDENTS WILL NEED:
- Access to a computer* with a good Wi-Fi connection
- Web camera
- Audio headset and microphone
- Paper & pencil
* A lending program is available on a limited basis for those students needing to borrow a laptop for the virtual animation class.
Only registration forms that are fully completed and submitted with payment in full will be accepted for enrollment. Program fees are non-refundable.
Program fees (non-refundable): $30 Miami-Dade Residents | $300 Non-Residents *
* Includes 12 weekly sessions, AKI t-shirt, and culminating event: a combined value of over $400!
Payment must be made in full via PayPal in order to secure the student's registration in the program.
To Register: You must complete the registration form and submit payment in full to Arts for Learning via PayPal for each student participating in the program. Registration confirmations with payment instructions and a PayPal invoice will be sent out by email from Arts for Learning within approximately two weeks of submitting registration forms, in the order in which they were received.
For more information, please contact: Dia Carter Webb at Arts for Learning (305) 576-1212 Ext. 24 | Dia@a4lmiami.org.
Para obtener ayuda en español, comuníquese con Ivette Dominguez.