POSITION TYPE: Independent Contractor
ABOUT THE ALL KIDS INLCUDED YOUTH ARTS IN THE PARKS PROGRAM
Youth Arts in the Parks is an inclusive, socially oriented arts program for children and youth with and without disabilities. This fun and educational program teaches kids of all abilities visual arts, creative movement and expression, or theater/improvisation, in a social setting led by professional artists/art teachers, certified instructors and disability experts.
Youth Arts in the Parks is presented by Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and Miami-Dade County Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Disability Services, in partnership with Arts for Learning/Miami.
Arts for Learning seeks a dynamic professional animation instructor to deliver residencies and sequential arts instruction to students from ages 6-18 in a Saturday inclusion setting. Arts for Learning hires artists three times a year for semester length multi-week residencies and classes in the fall, spring, and summer. Projects are expected to be explorations of age-appropriate artistic and social content. The Site Manager oversees the day-to-day Saturday inclusion program of the arts instructors who are assigned to All Kids Included Youth Arts in the Park program. A4L’s Program Director also reviews arts instructor lessons and implementation.
• Applying artistry to advance teaching and learning
• Developing lesson plans in the arts that further student artistic and personal growth
• Providing high quality sequential arts instruction to children and youth
• Producing a culminating event
• Evaluating and assessing student progress
• Creating a warm and welcoming environment
• Communicating with parents about participant’s experiences
• Reporting concerns, comments and feedback to Site Manager
• Knowing, understanding and implementing ALL program procedures as appropriate
• Serving as a role model to the participants
• Attending and participating in team meetings as required
Bachelor’s Degree in the arts or comparable demonstrated professional experience in specified artistic discipline (preferred)
Minimum of three years demonstrated experience working with children and youth
A clear Level II Background Screening
First Aid and CPR Certification (preferred)
Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
Commitment to excellence
Exceptional creative and critical thinking skills
Outstanding classroom management skills
Strong organization and problem solving skills
Excellent judgment and decision-making ability
Available on Saturday mornings
Sessions are 45 minutes to an hour
Please send resume and cover letter only to:
Dia Carter Webb, Program Director, Arts for Learning
We are seeking to hire immediately.
Response will be limited to those candidates who are being considered for interviews.
Arts for Lerning is an Equal Opprotunity Employer