The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Cultural Tourism to lead strategic development and implementation of cultural tourism programs that will expand global awareness of the destination’s art & culture assets and help drive incremental attendance at local arts and culture institutions, events and attractions. This position will also ensure integration of cultural content into all GMCVB marketing programs and platforms and serve as the principle liaison with the local arts & culture community through proactive engagement. This position is expected to play a supportive role in identifying and securing art & culture centric meetings and conventions to the community and also identify grants and other funding sources and partnerships that will allow for further expansion of programs. The ideal candidate must possess high-level cultural competency, consensus-building expertise, strategic and tactical thinking, and strong presentation skills.
Demonstrated Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- College degree in the field of marketing, or related field.
- In- depth knowledge of the goals, role and operation of a DMO/CVB as well as the local arts and cultural organizations.
- Success in this position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills for frequent interaction individuals of diverse backgrounds and interests.
- At least five years of successful, responsible Cultural marketing and experience at a senior level.
- Development/Grant writing experience a plus,
- Ability to develop and manage cooperative marketing initiatives with multiple partners.
- Ability to oversee projects from conceptual stage to full implementation and outcome evaluation.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively internally and in large public forums.
- Demonstrated excellent organization skills.
APPLY BY DEADLINE July 27, 2018. We offer a competitive compensation package + incentive bonus plan. Send resume & salary requirements to: employment@GMCVB.com or mail: GMCVB, Human Resources 701 Brickell Avenue, #2700 Miami, Fl 33131. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. EOE.