Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez issued a comprehensive update to the Board of County Commissioners on the Coconut Grove Playhouse. This progress report can be seen here and covers news about:
- Completion of the construction documents for restoration of the historic front building and the new state-of-the-art 300-seat theater;
- Status of the multi-step municipal review process;
- The County’s judicial appeal of the City of Miami Mayor’s veto of the County’s final municipal regulatory review before the City’s Historic and Environmental Preservation Board;
- Record-setting facts about the project;
- Recent project accomplishments; and
- Next steps.
Miami-Dade County is committed to implementing the project to return great theater to the Coconut Grove Playhouse and looks forward to reporting on its success.
View a comprehensive list of all the previous project updates at https://miamidadearts.org/coconut-grove-playhouse-updates.